ACADEMIC STAFF RECRUITMENT
Department of Psychology of Middle East Technical University invites applications for full-time open rank positions in Social Psychology (1), Clinical Psychology (2), Developmental Psychology (1), and Industrial and Organizational Psychology (1) areas. Successful candidates must either be a Ph.D. recipient or receive their degree by the application deadline.
The typical teaching load is two courses per term. Faculty members are expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, develop a strong research program, and supervise both Master's and Ph.D. level research. A proven record of a good command of written and spoken English is also required, as this is the medium of instruction in all METU programs.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a single pdf file including their CV, publication list, an outline of current and future research interests, teaching philosophy, clinical service statement (applicants for the clinical area only), and the names and e-mail addresses of three recommenders that may provide a detailed assessment of the candidate's academic achievements. Applicants who received their Ph.D. degrees from a university in Turkey may obtain additional information from the following link: https://pdb.metu.edu.tr/doktor-ogretim-uyeligi-ilk-atama-sosyal-ve-idari-bilimler.
The review of applications will begin on November 15, 2020. Applicants will be accepted until the positions are filled.
METU is one of Turkey's most competitive universities, both for research and undergraduate and graduate-level education. Each year, among the students taking the National University Entrance Examination (NUEE), over 1/3 of the top 1000 applicants attend METU. Most of the departments at METU accept only the top 1% of approximately 1.5 million applicants taking the NUEE. The Department of Psychology attracts the most successful students at undergraduate and graduate levels, typically accepting undergraduate applicants from the top 3000 in rankings.
Applicants for Social Psychology
Candidates must have a Ph.D. degree in Social Psychology. Applicants are expected to have high-quality international peer-reviewed publications and a strong research agenda in social psychology. Applicants are also expected to contribute to the social psychology graduate programs (MSc. and PhD.) through graduate-level courses and supervision of Master's theses and Ph.D. dissertations. Applicants are expected to teach for the undergraduate curriculum as well.
Applicants for Clinical Psychology
Candidates must have a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, and they are expected to maintain an already developed research agenda. Candidates are also expected to teach and mentor at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the field of Clinical Psychology and to contribute to the clinical training primarily through supervision in Turkish.
Applicants for Developmental Psychology
Candidates must have a Ph.D. degree in Developmental Psychology. Applicants are expected to have a strong research agenda to pursue a vigorous research program, attract national and international research funding. Applicants are also expected to contribute to the developmental psychology graduate programs (MSc. and PhD.) through graduate-level courses and supervision of Master's theses and Ph.D. dissertations. Candidates with longitudinal data-analysis expertise will be preferred. Applicants are further expected to contribute to the department's undergraduate teaching program through compulsory and elective courses.
Applicants for Work, Industrial, and Organizational Psychology
Applicants are expected to have a strong research agenda in Work, Industrial, and Organizational Psychology and a strong background in advanced statistical techniques and research methodology. Members of the department are expected to pursue a vigorous research program, attract external research funding, supervise graduate students and the Masters and Ph.D. levels, and contribute strongly to the department's teaching program both at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Candidates with Ph.D. degrees in one of the areas of Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, or Business Administration are welcome to apply. The relevance of applicants' research interests to Industrial and Organizational Psychology topics will be sought.
Important Note: Offer of a position is subject to the sanction of the relevant government agency.
Application and Reference Letter Upload Form
For the Applicant
- All fields have to be filled.
- Your application form (i.e single PDF file that you will upload) should contain the followings:
- A publication list
- Outline of current and future research interests
- Teaching philosophy
- Clinical service statement (applicants of clinical area only)
- Please make sure that you supply valid e-mail addresses for both yourself and recommenders.
- All e-mail addresses will receive a confirmation e-mail from the board. Therefore, please double check them before you click the submit button.
- Please include country code in the phone number.
For the Recommender
- All fields have to be filled.
- Please don't put your regular e-mail address but just use the one printed in the message you received.
- The reference letter should preferably be written on an institution letterhead page and saved as PDF. You don't need to physically sign and scan the file. If you have an appropriate tool you could instead PDF-sign it.
Click for Troubleshooting
- Make sure that you fill all fields.
- If some text fields produce errors you may then use corresponding Latin characters.
- All three e-mail addresses have to be different (if not fields will be colored in red)
- Make sure that you enter a correct capthca code (five alphanumeric characters from the image)
- The file that will be uploaded should be in PDF format and it should be less than 10 Mbyte in size.
- If all above is done accordingly, then please click once to Apply
- Those fields containing not valid data (including empty fields) will be shown in orange color.
- Do you see any field in this color after you click to Apply?
- If you are sure that you data is correct then please take a snapshot of the screen and send it to the board.
- If you cannot take a picture then e-mail exactly what you've entered to these orange colored fields.
- If you then correct these orange colored fields before a subsequent submission, you have to re-enter two fields:
- Choose the PDF file again.
- Type new captcha code